Your Personal Diary:
You need to be logged in to record your weight. Login.
How to Make Measurements:
Bust: Place the measuring tape across your nipples and measure around the largest part of your chest. Be sure to keep the tape parallel to the floor.
Chest: Place the measuring tape just under your breasts/pecs and measure around the torso while keeping the tape parallel to the floor.
Waist: Place the measuring tape about a 1/2 inch above your bellybutton (at the narrowest part of your waist) to measure around your torso. When measuring your waist, exhale and measure before inhaling again.
Hips: Place the measuring tape across the widest part of your hips/buttocks and measure all the way around while keeping the tape parallel to the floor.
Thigh: Measure around the largest part of each thigh.
Calves: Measure around the largest part of each calf.
Upper arm: Measure around the largest part of each arm (above the elbow).
Forearm: Measure around the largest part of each arm (below the elbow).
Neck: Measure around the largest part of the neck.
Tips for Measuring
- Use a flexible measuring tape, such as plastic or cloth.
- When taking measurements, stand tall with your muscles relaxed and feet together.
- Apply constant pressure to the tape (so it doesn’t sag) without pinching the skin.
- Measure under the same conditions each time, such as wearing the same clothes (or none at all).
- Measure yourself in front of a mirror to make sure the tape is positioned correctly. If possible, have someone else do the measuring for you.
- To ensure accuracy, remember to take measurements in the same place on your body each time.